We are happy to announce that our club will be reopening on Friday, May 15th at 10.00 am.
We will be practicing the protocols as devised by Tennis BC and adapted to apply to our club.
Capilano Tennis Club Reopening Protocols
In order to enjoy playing tennis at our club, the following protocols apply:
- All 4 courts may be used practicing social distancing.
- The clubhouse is available for washroom use only. No access or use of the upper floor is permitted.
- Hand soap and hard surface sanitizer is provided in washrooms. Please wipe down all surfaces that have been contacted immediately after use and before returning to the courts.
- All players must provide their own tennis balls and mark with their initial. Players can touch only their own balls.
- All players must bring hand sanitizer with them for use during and after play and after touching common surfaces.
- All players will provide their own water bottles. Any empty bottles must be taken home and disposed of by the player.
- No handshaking or physical contact following a match. A simple smile and thank you is welcome.
- Benches on the courts will be removed. Replaced by chairs. These must be sanitized after each play period.
- When changing ends, please use opposing sides of the court in order to maintain physical distancing.
- Singles games are preferred, however, doubles may be played with your own family, housemates, or friends who you already have regular contact with. Maintain physical distancing.
- Play times will be limited to 30 minutes if there are people waiting.
- Clean all equipment and do not allow others to touch or use your equipment.
- Once your game is over, please leave the court immediately and wash your hands thoroughly. (the 20 second rule applies.)
- Do not come out to play if you are experiencing any possible virus symptoms such as; cough, shortness of breath, headache, temperature or difficulty breathing.
- Do not come out to play if you have just entered the country or been in contact with someone with (or suspected of having) Covid 19 and have not yet isolated for at least the past 14 days.
- Private lessons only will be permitted. (No group lessons.) 16 Protocols will be printed and displayed by the courts, on the clubhouse door and by the courts.
- Please observe the discs set out on the waiting area by the courts.
- Protocols will be printed and displayed by the courts, on the clubhouse door and by the courts
- Players acknowledge; a person can have Covid 19 and exhibit minimal or no symptoms yet can still pass on the infection; and the virus can remain infectious on contact surfaces. Players are playing at their own risk and at the risk of people they are in contact with. Please use good judgment and respect your own health and the health of those around you. 20 No guests are allowed at this time.
Capilano Tennis Club is a vibrant, inclusive, community-based tennis club. We encourage the joy of tennis for all ages through competitive and social play within a supportive and friendly environment.
Capilano Tennis Club
We are a vibrant, friendly not-for-profit tennis club, located in beautiful North Vancouver, with roots dating back to 1934.
We have 4 hard courts, newly resurfaced in 2018 which are always well maintained and available throughout the year, weather permitting.
We encourage and support all ages and levels of tennis, ranging from beginners to 4.5 level players, with 9 league teams competing in Inter City spring league, as well as many exciting in-house tournaments and leagues. Our annual Calcutta tournament is a fun and highly competitive event.
We also host organized social play, recognizing that not all players want to play competitively.
Our club teaching professional, Howie Jackson has been with the club for 20 years and coaches at all levels as well as running our very popular junior program in the spring and summer.
Our fully equipped clubhouse hosts many fun social events, including afternoon teas, a monthly social dinner, Breakfast at Wimbledon, Oktoberfest, Carol Singing, musical evenings and many others. The lower level of the clubhouse includes a pool table, table tennis as well as showers and washrooms.
Although we are primarily a summer club, members may use the year round. Guests are always welcome and our membership and guest fees are the most affordable on the North Shore.
Non Member Play
Our courts are available for public play on specific times 5 days per week. These times are scheduled on our calendar. Non members may play at these times for a very nominal fee of $5. Envelopes for payment are available at the club and should be put into the mail slot.
Why you should join:
Our members are fun, friendly and love great tennis.
If you play competitively, your Tennis BC Membership is included in the membership fee. (Value $49)
No court booking – just show up and play.
Our courts are newly resurfaced and impeccably maintained.
Come and join us for a great tennis experience
2020 Season Registration
We are accepting new members at this time, and we would be happy to provide you with any additional information you require. For more information, please go to the Membership Information page on this website or contact June Barnes at 604 924 3580