CTC Board Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Marion Shaw, President
Drummond MacDougall, Past President
Gary Pena, Secretary
George Sim, Maintenance Director
Janos Stiasny, Co Membership Director
Ron Carr, Co Membership Director (*Voting Director*)
June Barnes, Treasurer
Nancy Forrest, Vice-President (left the meeting at 8:15 p.m.)
Nancy French, Social Director
Angie Higgs, Play Director
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Marion Shaw at 6:37 p.m.
1.1 Confirmation of Quorum
Quorum was confirmed.
1.2 Confirmation of Agenda
Agenda was confirmed
1.3 Approval of previous meeting minutes
It was Moved and Seconded to approve the minutes of the December 18, 2018 meeting as presented.
2. Business Arising from the Previous Minutes
Agenda Items 2.1 – 2.6
The Business Arising items from the last meeting were reviewed. An updated schedule is included at the end of these minutes.
3. New Business (after Director’s reports)
- Purchase of a defribilator for the club. Ron suggested that it could be a liability issue. Agreed not to pursue.
- Tennis BC Membership Options:. It was discussed that many of our Cap members don’t play competitive tennis and it was asked if we should continue to pay for GOLD Membership with Tennis BC. We pay $22 per member for GOLD Membership versus $49 per member if we did not have GOLD Membership. GOLD Membership cannot be attained for only those members who play competitive tennis. It must be attained for the entire membership, or none at all. It was determined that we should continue with the GOLD Membership.
4. Director’s Reports
4.1 President – Marion Shaw – Marion advised that she has been working with the web developer on the site. Nothing else to report.
4.2 Membership Director – Ron Carr and Janos Stiasny. The primary goal of this meeting was to focus on new membership, and membership retention initiatives. Janos distributed a spreadsheet outlining various intitatives and these were reviewed and discussed, Below is a highlight of the main points:
5. Janos Membership Initiatives Proposals:
- Cross promotion with vendors (retail, schools, junior, middle aged, competitive)
- Mixed Doubles Invitational Tournament (include Parent / Child) for North Shore Families (Tennis Troupe agreed to run the tournament and advertise at no cost)
- Social Media promotion and membership management
- Social activities
- Invite West and North Vancouver School districts to collaborate with the club
- Increased Signage
- Have an Application Form ready at all events at the club
- QR Code for scanning
- Increased Promotional Material at the club
- Develop a New Member Package for distribution to new members
- Implement a Club Ambassador program for new members
- Incentives for Existing Members to sign up new members
- Promote interaction and cooperation with other tennis clubs
6. Next Meeting:
Wednesday February 13, 2019
7. Meeting Termination:
The meeting was terminated at 8:15 p.m.