The role if the President is to provide leadership to the Board of Directors relative to Governance, Planning and Operations.
- Call an AGM and have all Executive Members provide reports for their areas of responsibility.
- Assess these reports to form the direction for the next year.
- Be responsible to the membership for the performance of the Directors
- Appoint all Standing Committee Chairs.
- Be a member ex-officio of all committees excluding the Nominations Committee.
- Review policies annually to ensure that they are current and able to provide guidance to club operations.
- Ensures that we are in compliance with our agreement with The District of North Vancouver, completes and sends in report.
- Ensure that a nominations process is in place to recruit potential Board Members with the competencies to fulfill the Board positons.
- With assistance from the Executive Committee, develop a succession plan to ensure that a slate of strong candidates is brought forward for Board nominations.
- Assess both the structure of the Executive Committee and the roles of the Executive positions to determine is changes are necessary and implement the changes.
- Provide leadership to the development and implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that there is a committee structure in place to provide leadership to the implementation of the plan.
- Create an agenda for Board Meetings and Chair Meetings.
- Represent the Club or delegate a club representative to meet with community leaders and attend community meetings when necessary.
- Ensure that all insurance i.e. property/liability and contracts relative to the club operations are current.
- Review the lease that Capilano Tennis Club has with the District of North Vancouver to ensure that we are in compliance. Complete and send in report.
- Ensure that the Leasehold report and Permissive Tax Exemption are submitted to the District of North Vancouver.
- Provide guidance/assistance to Executive Members when required.
- When possible attend club events, socials etc. to foster feelings of inclusion and comradery within the membership.