The role of the Social Director is to co-ordinate and support the scheduled social events of the club and to explore the potential of new events that encourage a sense of inclusion and enthusiasm for the members.
- To provide directions for approved social events and ensure that appropriate supplies are available to the social event hosts. i.e. Opening Day/Open House, social dinners etc.
- To ensure appropriate supplies are on hand for each event.
- To update/add social events to the club website.
- To work with the Board of Directors to develop new social events that are of interest to the members.
- To provide Social Activity reports at the Board Meetings and AGM.
- Act as liaison with the cleaner to ensure that the cleaning is being done to agreed upon expectations and that cleaning supplies are on hand and refurbished as needed.
- To renew annually the Costco membership to purchase supplies related to club social activities and clubhouse maintenance.
- To work with the Board of Directors to assess the need for volunteers to support the work of the Social Director and to assist with the recruitment of same.
- Attend club events, socials etc. to foster a sense of comradery among members.